Wrinkles are frustrating and one of the first signs that cause us to feel like we are getting older. As annoying as they may be, wrinkles are a part of life, but learning how to get rid of wrinkles can be simple with the right treatment.
Eliminating wrinkles comes down to collagen and your skin needing more of it. There are a number of options when it comes to stimulating collagen production and smoothing the skin, including skincare products, plasma pen, anti-wrinkle injections, fillers and Collagen Induction Therapy such as skin needling and laser resurfacing. There are also more advanced options, including the thread lift and mini facelift.
The right wrinkle solution will vary from person to person, so it’s best to speak to a professional at ICCM before making a decision. We also recommend reading on to learn more about the best options available.
What causes deep wrinkles?
Deep lines are a natural result of aging as our skin loses elasticity as we get older. There are a number of other things that can contribute, including:
- Genetics: Our DNA determines the resilience of our skin, deciding who is more prone to lines and wrinkles.
- Smoking: The act of smoking can cause lines around the mouth. Along with this, inhaled tobacco smoke narrows the blood vessels, reducing the amount of oxygenated blood to certain tissues, resulting in dull skin and fine lines.
- Sunlight: UV rays from the sun are not our skin’s friend as they break down elastin and collagen, making us more susceptible to lines and pigmentation.
- Repeated expressions: A certain facial expression made often (like frowning or furrowing the eyebrows) increases the chances of frown lines.
- Stress: Facial tension caused by stress can lead to frown lines.
Are frown lines permanent?
Wrinkles and fine lines can become permanent, impacting your resting expression. This can make you look irritated or cranky even when well-rested and in a good mood.
A range of prevention and skincare methods can be undertaken to avoid fine lines, forehead wrinkles and permanent, unwanted facial expressions.
How to get rid of frown lines and wrinkles naturally
Before heading down the path of the various treatments on offer to soften frown lines, consider the following natural prevention methods:
How to avoid getting wrinkles
- A healthy diet with lots of water: Hydration is an excellent form of defence against fine lines. A diet or supplement regime rich in omega-3 fatty acids can also help skin hydration.
- Sleep: Your skin recharges while you rest, and if possible, sleep on your back to avoid wrinkling and stretching the skin which can encourage premature ageing.
- Use sunscreen every day: Even when it doesn’t seem like a particularly sunny day, the sun’s UV rays are there (including in winter). Wear sunscreen and sunglasses, which will protect the skin around your eyes and prevent you from squinting.
- Moisturise morning and night daily.
- Exfoliate twice a week: This will clear away any dead skin cells and encourage cell renewal.
How to get rid of wrinkles permanently
Neurotoxin-based injectables are an effective method for smoothing away wrinkles. These anti-wrinkle injections relax the muscles under the skin, meaning you can no longer make the facial expression that creates the wrinkle.
The results, however, cannot be deemed “permanent” and typically lasts three to four months. Consistent treatment can prevent expression lines from becoming permanent wrinkles and can help to fade existing deep lines.
Effective cosmetic procedure options to get rid of wrinkles.
In addition to injectables, certain skin treatments can also help to eliminate and prevent wrinkles.
Chemical peels are essentially a deep exfoliation of the top layers of the skin. As a result, you may notice a reduction in fine lines and a more youthful appearance.
I want to get rid of wrinkles and deep frown lines – when should I start and how?
When it comes to addressing expression lines and wrinkles, the sooner you start, the better. If you are considering injectables, you’ll see better results the sooner you start, prevention is key! Wrinkles can start to form as early as your mid-20s as collagen production slows down.
Sun protection is critical to prevent signs of aging and skin damage causing loss of collagen. Creating a strong foundation for your skin is the best starting place to age gracefully.
Want to know a little more about forehead wrinkles and how best to prevent frown lines? Check out our helpful FAQ section below:
What reduces wrinkles?
A key ingredient to look out for in skincare products is Retinol, which stimulates collagen and helps your skin to resist wrinkling. However, keep in mind that any retinol product will take at least three months to show its full skin-smoothing.
Retinol will also make your skin photosensitive, so a moisturiser and sunscreen are a must. Women who are pregnant or breastfeeding should not use anything containing Retinol as it can lead to birth defects.
A natural alternative to Retinol is rosehip oil, a plant-based alternative that offers a good amount of vitamin A and other antioxidants.
How do I get rid of frown lines and wrinkles on my face and forehead?There are a number of methods that can help you to prevent forehead wrinkles and get rid of frown lines. They range from natural lifestyle changes to skincare methods and medical treatments.
All of these options can help you to create a more youthful appearance and slow the process of skin aging. Speak to the experts at ICCM about how to get rid of unwanted lines and wrinkles today.Don’t forget to share this via , , , , , , , , , , , and .