The removal of expression wrinkles is commonly handled by anti-wrinkle injections offered here at ICCM.
Anti-wrinkle injections are safe and effective treatments for treating wrinkles. Additionally, Anti-wrinkle injectables can be used to treat excessive sweating, chronic migraines, and much more.
A question we get asked on a regular basis is ‘how long do anti-wrinkle injections last?’
And so, we present to you this comprehensive article to answer all of your questions.
How long will my first anti-wrinkle injection last?
You can expect your first anti-wrinkle injection treatment to last between three to six months. The results vary from person to person and depend on how well you maintain your skin, as well as your skin and the severity of the initial wrinkles you have treated.
Anti-wrinkle injections and the length of their effects will often depend on the size of the dose; however, a common time frame is often stated as roughly four months. As the injection is more regularly administered, the muscles will weaken over time, meaning you can decrease the frequency of your sessions. Should you decide to stop the treatment altogether, your muscles will return to their normal strength over time.
Do subsequent anti-wrinkle treatments last longer?
Like the majority of skin treatments, using anti-wrinkle injections regularly allows for results to last longer. This is because anti-wrinkle injections shorten muscles over time, allowing for less frequent treatments.
How long do anti-wrinkle treatments last across your body?
Anti-wrinkle injections are an increasingly popular treatment in Australia for wrinkle reduction in the face. Common treatment areas include the lips, forehead, and cheeks.
The effects of injections will be felt differently for different body parts. here’s what you can expect:
1. Length of anti-wrinkle treatment in cheeks
Anti-wrinkle injections can last between 3 to 6 months when injected into the cheeks. This treatment can help reduce your smile lines, crow’s feet (lines around your eyes), bunny lines, and nasolabial folds (wrinkles along your nose).
2. Length of anti-wrinkle treatment in lips
Anti-wrinkle injectables typically last for 3 to 4 months in the lips in comparison to other areas of the face. This will vary depending on your personal factors. Anti-wrinkle injectables in the lips can help treat frown lines, minimize creases found both on your lower and upper lip, and raise the corners of your mouth.
This is because doctors will want to use extra precaution and be conservative with the amount injected in order to not freeze facial expressions or cause a gummy smile.
3. Length of anti-wrinkle treatment in forehead
Anti-wrinkle injections in the forehead can be expected to last for at least 3 to 6 months. This is because the forehead is less dynamic than the mouth, and so doctors can be liberal with the amount injected. Forehead treatment can result in the removal of fine lines and wrinkles around the eyebrows.
4. Length of anti-wrinkle treatment for wrinkle reduction
Anti-wrinkle injections last different lengths depending on various factors. Typically, an anti-wrinkle injectable treatment will last between 3 to 6 months. Subsequent treatment will result in longer-lasting results.
5. Length of anti-wrinkle treatment to treat excessive sweating
Most patients will experience results between 4 to 9 months. Anti-wrinkle injections can be used to treat sweating. Experienced practitioners at our clinic ensure minimal pain is felt depending on the injection site.
6. Length of anti-wrinkle treatment for migraines
Anti-wrinkle injections are recommended once every three months for the treatment of migraines. Results usually take 10-14 days to take effect, but some patients won’t notice a difference until the second session. Treatment continues for around a year, depending on your personal benefit. Our cosmetic experts will devise a personalised treatment plan for you to ensure you are treated adequately.
What’s the best way to make the anti-wrinkle treatment last longer?
The duration of anti-wrinkle injection treatments varies from person to person. However, you can follow a basic set of recommendations to help preserve your skin and allow for longer-lasting results. Here’s what you can try doing:
- Stop smoking – It is common knowledge that smoking causes aging of the skin. Smoking can result in the formation of dynamic wrinkles, weakening your skin’s elasticity which causes static wrinkles. If you continue to smoke, you can increase your chances of these wrinkles returning.
- Hydration – A well-hydrated body can lead to better skin and healthier bodily functions.
- Healthy Diet – Eating foods rich in healthy fats such as oily fish, nuts, and seeds can all increase the duration of your results.
- Facial care – The use of gentle cleansers and daily moisturisers help keep dead cells away and keep your skin plump and smooth.
When can I see the first results of anti-wrinkle injections?
Anti-wrinkle injections contain botulinum toxin A. When injected, this weakens the muscle. This works over time, and so the full effect will usually become visible three days to a week later.
What are the side effects and how to mitigate them?
One of the main concerns our clients tend to have with any cosmetic treatment relates to the side effects. Questions such as “what are the side effects of anti-wrinkle injections” and “how long do they last” pop up often. Generally speaking, anti-wrinkle injections are very safe. However, they do come with side effects which are explained below:
- Bleeding – Injections cause penetration of the skin which may lead to bleeding. This is very normal and will usually resolve once treatment is complete.
- Bruising – Your doctor or cosmetic expert will do everything they can in order to reduce bruising, but for those who have more sensitive skin, bruising cannot be avoided. This only lasts for a few days after treatment.
- Flu-like symptoms – One of the less common side effects is flu-like symptoms. However, this only lasts for a few days and resolves by itself.
- Dry eyes – Anti-wrinkle injections to treat crow’s feet may cause some dryness and blurry vision. This is nothing to worry about and typically clears within 24 hours.
- Allergic Reactions – More serious side effects are usually caused due to an allergic reaction. Our experts will carry out a comprehensive assessment prior to your treatment to rule out any allergies.
How can top cosmetic experts ensure anti-wrinkle injectables last longer?
Our network of cosmetic experts here at ICCM ensure they are continuously keeping up to date with all advancements in medical and cosmetic technology in order to provide only the newest and most innovative treatments and services.
We use only the newest anti-wrinkle injections and methods to make sure your results are long-lasting. In addition, our experts can recommend treatments to use alongside the anti-wrinkle injections to produce outstanding results. These treatments include the likes of dermal fillers (using a purified protein called hyaluronic acid or your own body fat) to help accentuate your results.
Our years of experience and numerous success stories allow you to rest assured knowing you are in some of the safest hands in the industry.
Speak to the experts at ICCM in the early stages of your cosmetic procedure considerations to ensure the best path forward is chosen to match your goals. The path to a younger, more refreshed appearance starts with ICCM.
Some of the most common asked questions are answered for you below.
How often do you need anti-wrinkle injections?
Anti-wrinkle injections are typically administered every 3 months depending on person to person.
Should I get anti-wrinkle injections?
If you are unhappy with your wrinkles, facial lines, or saggy skin and want an effective treatment that helps with preventing wrinkles, then yes, you should consider anti-wrinkle injections.
Do anti-wrinkle injections work straight away?
Anti-wrinkle injections work by weakening the muscle over a period of days. This allows for collagen to regrow. Noticeable results show between 3 and 7 days after treatment.
What should I avoid after anti-wrinkle injections?
In order to allow for the best results, you should avoid rubbing or massaging the affected area for at least 4 hours after treatment, avoid strenuous exercise for 24 hours after, and avoid makeup for at least 24 hours after treatment.
What else are anti-wrinkle injections used for?
As well as being used for migraines, sweating, and cosmetic reasons, anti-wrinkle injections can be used medically to relieve stiffness and muscle overactivity in children with cerebral palsy.Don’t forget to share this via , , , , , , , , , , , and .